NEW: Now supports reading and writing of Applesauce .WOZ copy-protected images + 1300 .woz images added to file library…
microM8 redefines retro-computing with enhanced emulation, providing revolutionary new features such as 3D graphics rendering, user-movable camera views, PVR-style session recording with “live rewind” (the only Apple II emulator that can do this!), an integrated cloud-based disk library, compatible BASIC and LOGO interpreters re-written in native Go which provide additional command sets and user-interface enhancements, local network and internet-based screen sharing, and more! Our first supported platform is the 128k Apple IIe, and there are builds for Windows, macOS and Linux.
The next generation of emulators, microM8 hopes to encourage learning and creativity by eliminating barriers and providing incentives for our users to collaborate and code. We believe that fostering a good understanding of the roots of modern technology is critical to the development of our future IT professionals, and microM8 is intended to (eventually) do just that:
* Discover a wealth of 1980s computer software in an easy-to-navigate environment.
* Learn to code in pioneering educational languages.
* Write new programs or enhance classic ones with modern functions and commands.
* Play both classic and modern styled, retro-inspired games with new friends on-line.
* Create 8-bit graphics and music; interact / collaborate with others; and share.
* Designed with modern youth in mind, with special attention given to aesthetics and usability.
* Improvements include 3D graphics, camera control and more to modernise vintage gameplay.
It’s a “fantasy console” with its roots firmly grounded in history! (The Apple II meets PICO-8)